What Is Hepatitis C?
This is a kind of viral liver infection, and it can be chronic or acute. The virus invades cells that are present in the liver and brings about dysfunction and swelling. You will also find medicines like Velasif that are used for the treatment of Hepatitis C.
When a person suffers from acute Hepatitis C, the symptoms are almost never seen. People who suffer from acute Hepatitis C will experience things like nausea, fatigue, clay-colored stools (rarely), fever, abdominal discomfort, joint pains, and jaundice (rarely).
When a person suffers from chronic Hepatitis C, he or she may experience aching joints, persistent fatigue, and abdominal pain. After anywhere between 25 to 30 years, this chronic Hepatitis C infection can lead to fibrosis or scarring of the liver. If the liver gets totally scarred, this could then lead to liver failure, cirrhosis, and, quite likely even liver cancer.
What Is Velasof Tablet?
This tablet is a combination of Velpatasvir 100mg and Sofosbuvir 400mg. Essentially, it is an antiviral medicine. This drug can also be used with other medicines, in the treatment of Hepatitis C.
Sofosbuvir velpatasvir is a combo of two structural proteins, namely, NS5A and NS5B inhibitors.
Sofosbuvir velpatasvir 400 100 has been approved by the FDA for the treatment of advanced Hepatitis C viral infection. In the case of decompensating cirrhosis, this drug is used in combination with Ribavirin.
Velasof Tablet Uses
Sofosbuvir is used in the treatment of Hepatitis C. The medicine does not work in the treatment of flu, cold, and other kinds of viral infections. This medication may also be used for other reasons, if you have any queries regarding this, consult a physician or a pharmacist.
Dosage and Mechanism of Action of Velasof Tablet
Sofosbuvir 400 mg velpatasvir works by lessening the number of Hep C virus that are present in the body. And in this way, the immune system of the body is able to fight this infection, and as such, it could also help the liver to recover.
This drug has in it two direct-acting antiviral drugs, and these work in such a way that they target different stages of the lifecycle of the Hepatitis C virus (HCV). Velpatasvir acts as an HCV NS5A replication complex inhibitor, and it interferes with the protein which HCV uses for replication.
Myhep 400 mg Sofosbuvir blocks the polymerase enzyme, which is used by HCV for reproduction, and it can do so, as it is a nucleotide analog HCV polymerase inhibitor.
This is an oral drug, and the recommended dose of it is one tablet a day. Commonly, this drug is taken for 12 weeks. The drug can be taken with food or without food.
In case within 3 hours of taking sofosbuvir and velpatasvir, you vomit, you need to take another dose. If you vomit after 3 hours of taking this drug, there is no need for you to take another dose. Just continue with your dosage schedule as has been prescribed for you by your doctor.
It is very important that you complete all the doses that have been prescribed for you, even though you might have begun to feel better.
Keep in mind though that there are a number of factors that could affect the dose of the drug, and these are inclusive of things like body weight and various other medical conditions. If you take an overdose, go to the hospital at once.
Velasof Side Effects
Common side effects exhibited by this drug are tiredness and headaches. When this drug is taken with Ribavirin, the common side effects seen are insomnia, headaches, anemia (low red blood cell count), diarrhea, tiredness, and nausea.The side effects seen are mild, and there really is no cause for alarm.
Vital to note here is that this is not a complete list of the side effects of this medicine. If you take this drug and see some kind of adverse reaction, be sure to see a doctor at once.
Precautions Of Velasof Tablet
If you wish to take this drug, these are the precautions you need to be aware of:
- Driving/Using Machinery: Taking this drug could cause you to have blurry vision, and it can also cause you to feel dizzy. As such, it is best that you do not drive, and you also do not use any heavy or dangerous machinery, after you have taken this drug.
- Breastfeeding: It is not recommended that you use Velasof Tablet + Ribavirin when you are breastfeeding.
- Pregnancy: It is probably safe to use this drug if you are pregnant. But it is best that you first consult a doctor.
- Alcohol: The interaction of this drug with alcohol is not known. If you want to have alcohol when on this drug, talk to a physician first.
- Liver Problems: If you are suffering from liver disease, it is safe to use this medication, and no dose adjustment is required. But if you have some kind of kidney disease, then you need to talk to a doctor before using hepcvel tablets, as in some patients who take this drug, monitoring of liver function tests could be needed.
- Kidney Issues: If you suffer from severe kidney disease, you need to consult a doctor first before you use this medicine, as in such a case, there could be a need for the dose to be adjusted. But if you suffer from moderate or mild kidney disease, an adjustment of dose is not needed.
Where To Get Velasof Tablet
You can get Velasof online right here and that too at a price that you would find hard to get anywhere else! And what is really great is that, wherever you are in the world, we – GenericForce, will deliver this world-class Velasof Tablet right to your door!
There are no reviews yet.